My Top 9 habits as a fitness athlete/workout fiend/gym rat/someone that lives a fit lifestyle
1. I walk around with a gallon of water at the gym or elsewhere. It really isn’t for show. I got tired of always having several bottles of water in my bag or car when a gallon is much easier to carry and keep track of water intake. Counting 2 or 3 gallons is waaay easier than counting 16-24 500ml bottles or 11-15 700ml bottles
2. Buying workout clothes and shoes is almost of more importance than buying regular clothes. I do wear 2 sets of workout clothes a day
3. I can be spotted running errands in workout tops and tanks especially in the summer. They are so comfortable, light and stylish lol I like Nike short shorts and for some strange reason walking around in them seems to be ‘acceptable’ than walking around in a pair of regular denim short shorts not sure why.
4. If you come to my house you will find NOTHING to snack on in the pantry or refrigerator except for cooked food in containers and water. See no evil, Do/Eat no evil.
5. It seems normal to eat out of plastic containers….even when I’m in the house lol
6.I spend 2 to 3 hours a week on a Saturday or Sunday cooking, weighing and packing all 42 meals for the week
8. I’m the girl you see at the gas station (QT, Racetrack or Shell) walking in with a plastic container to heat up my food using the microwave and eating in the car…and when I cant locate a microwave, cold food it is. I might also be the girl that pulls up next to you at a red light with a bowl of oatmeal or fish and green beans. Again, eating a Mc Donalds sandwich on the go seems acceptable and normal but a girl spooning down oatmeal or fish and green beans at a red light gets really strange looks.smdh!
9.I always have a set of extra workout clothes in the car, to ensure that just in case I get held up in a certain part of town I can find the closest gym for my evening cardio. I also plan my social life around my workouts just so I can make sure I get all my workouts in.
All the things above were strange 3 years ago but now they are a habit that supports my fit lifestyle. It’s all about trading old habits for new healthier ones.