Clean eating can become a challenge when the food looks and tastes blah! It’s important to be able to eagerly anticipate home cooked meals the same way you would eating out. I play around with different salt free seasonings until I get a combination that excites my palette and this is one of my favorite meals.
Spicy Ground Turkey Curry Over Field Greens or Spring mix:
- 99% Fat Free Ground Turkey
- No Salt Mrs. Dash Southwestern Chipotle seasoning
- No Salt Mrs Dash Onion and Herb seasoning
- No Salt Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Seasoning
- Salt free Paprika
- Salt free Cumin
- Salt free Tumeric
- Salt free hot red chili powder
- Fresh shredded Garlic
- Fresh shredded Ginger
*Curry powder – sometimes I use curry powder in place of turmeric and paprika for a different taste
- Bring the ground Turkey to boil in a pot with some water for about 20 minutes
- Let the turkey cook down until it has a white color and still some water
- Add all the No salt Seasoning and let that boil for another 10 minutes
- Add the shredded garlic and ginger, turn off stove and cover with lid for garlic and ginger to steam.
Enjoy the curry poured over some vegetables, greens or rice.
Price: A 12oz pack of 99% fat free turkey costs $5.00 (From Kroger) or $7.50 (From publix) and makes four 4oz meals.
Calories: Total 130 calories
4oz Turkey – 120 calories: 10 calories/1g fat, 28gms protien, 55mg sodium
Greens – 1/2 a cup 10 calories
Learning how to make your food enjoyable is one way to keep you focused on eating clean, healthy food which in turn keeps you on track to getting the fabulous body you’ve working hard towards